Mary A. Johnson has served as a lobbyist for Mueller Robak since 1995.
Ms. Johnson’s responsibilities include representation of the firm’s legislative clients and specializing in grassroots organization and implementation. In addition, Ms. Johnson provides political consulting services to candidates and ballot question committees through the firm’s consulting company Capitol Communications Company. Ms. Johnson is the Past President and member of the Board of Directors of the Women’s Campaign School at Yale University. Ms. Johnson reviews all applications for admission to the school annually and is a faculty member.
Ms. Johnson graduated from the University of Nebraska at Lincoln in Political Science in 1976. After teaching high school, she became an original staff member for Congressman Doug Bereuter in 1979. She served the Congressman for over thirteen years and managed his successful re-election campaigns in 1984, 1986, 1988, and 1990.
Ms. Johnson served as Senior Administrative Assistant to then Lincoln Mayor Mike Johanns, and now former United States Senator. Her responsibilities in this administrative position focused on managing internal affairs, acting as liaison between city directors and departments, the City Council and the State Legislature. She also directed the legislative program for the City of Lincoln as a registered lobbyist. Ms. Johnson’s special interests include politics and public relations. She and her husband, Larry Worth, enjoy traveling and numerous activities.
- University of Nebraska – Lincoln, B. S., 1976
- Past President and member of the Board of Directors, Women’s Campaign School at Yale University
- Faculty Member, Women’s Campaign School at Yale University
- Faculty Member, Ready to Run, Women’s Political Education Program
- Member, University of Nebraska Alumni Association
- President, Alpha Xi Delta Building Association
- Member, Alpha Xi Delta Alumnae Association
- Member, First Plymouth Church
- Board Member, Lincoln Food Bank
- Capital Campaign Co-Chair, Lincoln Food Bank
- Board Member, Friendship Home
- Chairman, Alpha Xi Delta National Centennial Convention
- National Trustee, Alpha Xi Delta National Foundation
- National Vice President, Alpha Xi Delta National Council
- Member, Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission
- Elector, 2000 Presidential Electoral College
- Past President and Former Board Member, Board of Women’s Ministries, First Plymouth Church
- Who’s Who in American Politics
- 2016 Outstanding Alumnae, Alpha Xi Delta, Rho Chapter
- Distinguished Service Award, Lancaster County Republican Party