Timothy G. Hruza
Mr. Tim Hruza joined the team at Mueller Robak after having earned experience practicing law in a variety of contexts. This work experience provides Mr. Hruza a unique perspective when assisting clients on a broad range of legislative issues.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Hruza spent three years in private practice at a mid-sized firm in Grand Island, Nebraska, where he worked with clients on a number of different legal issues, from litigating contract and property boundary disputes, to developing estate plans and managing business transactions. Following his time in private practice, Mr. Hruza worked as legal counsel to a Lincoln business association, providing advice and counsel to local business owners and advocating for their interests before elected officials on the local and state levels. Most recently, Mr. Hruza served as legal counsel to the Nebraska Legislature’s Judiciary Committee, where he advised Senators on the legal aspects of bills presented to them for consideration.
Mr. Hruza received his juris doctor degree with distinction from the University of Nebraska College of Law in 2012, where he was a member of the Moot Court Board and received awards for his oral advocacy skills. Before attending law school, Mr. Hruza was an honors graduate of the University of Nebraska at Kearney, receiving his Bachelor of Science degree cum laude. During his time at UNK, Tim was elected to serve a term as the University’s Student Body President and Student Regent.
Tim is the son of a third generation farmer, having grown up in the rural, central-Nebraska town of Ord. He and his wife, Rachel, are the proud parents of a young daughter.
Admitted to Practice
- Nebraska Supreme Court, 2012
- S. District for the District of Nebraska, 2012
- University of Nebraska College of Law, Juris Doctor, with distinction, 2012
- University of Nebraska at Kearney, Bachelor of Science, cum laude with honors, 2009
Awards and Distinction
- Student Body President and Student Regent – University of Nebraska at Kearney
- Nebraska Moot Court Board – Member
- Winning Team and Best Oral Advocate – Henry R. Grether Moot Court Competition, University of Nebraska College of Law
- CALI Awards for Excellence – Trial Advocacy, Pre-Trial Litigation, Land Use Planning
- 2009 Nester University Student Leadership Award – University of Nebraska Kearney
- 2014 Grand Island Chamber of Commerce Top 35 Under 35
Community Volunteerism and Involvement
- Trinity United Methodist Church Endowment Committee – Secretary
- Civic Nebraska – Board of Directors
- Heartland Chapter of the American Red Cross – Board of Directors
- Leadership Tomorrow – Board of Directors
- Hall County GOP – Treasurer
- Trinity United Methodist Church Chancel Choir